The outdoor swimming pool at Bottmingen Castle is a popular destination in the region during the summer months, and offers a restaurant and kiosk on site.
Season duration: May – September
Address: Burggartenstrasse 15, 4103 Bottmingen
Tel.: 061 421 33 00
Since 2020, the outdoor swimming pool at Bottmingen Castle is now financed by the five communes of Biel-Benken, Binningen, Bottmingen, Oberwil and Therwil. As the only outdoor swimming pool in the Leimental, it is a popular destination in the region during the summer months. The attractive and modern site offers three different pools, a slide, diving boards, a playground and a restaurant.
The dates for 2021 will be announced as soon as possible.
• The pool does not open until 12 noon on the first day of the season.
• On the last day of the season, the closing time is 6 pm.
• Entry to the site is permitted no later than 45 minutes before closing time.
• If the weather is particularly good and there is a large number of guests at the pool, the lifeguard in charge may decide to extend the opening time by one hour (early and late season: until 8 pm, main season: until 9 pm). This will be announced in good time.
• On 1 August, the pool closes at 6 pm.
• If the weather is poor and there are fewer than 10 guests, the swimming pool will close at 6 pm at the earliest. This will be announced in good time.
Children’s swimming classes during the summer holidays
The popular children’s swimming classes at the outdoor swimming pool at Bottmingen Castle are held every year. For further information, questions and registration, please visit www.summerschwumm.ch.
School holidays at the outdoor swimming pool at Bottmingen Castle:
Activities are offered as part of the “Ferienpass” programme – please refer to the “Ferienpass” booklet for further details.
Introductory diving lesson:
Contact Funny Diving in Münchenstein for information.
The million-metre swim:
Contact the Oberwil section of the Swiss Lifesaving Association(SLRG) for information.
Join the swim!
Contact the OceanSwimmer association for information.
Adults: CHF 6.00
Children up to the age of 16: CHF 2.00
Schoolchildren/apprentices/students up to the age of 25 and recipients of a disability pension: CHF 3.50
Companions of disabled visitors: Free of charge
30% discount on prepaid cards for all visitors
Cards are available in the amount of CHF 40.00 or CHF 80.00
School classes (including two teachers/companions)
Biel-Benken, Binningen, Bottmingen, Oberwil and Therwil: free of charge
Other communes: CHF 2.00 per child
Season CHF 62.00 plus deposit (reimbursed on return of key) CHF 15.00
Storage of valuables CHF 1.00